Thursday, January 19, 2017

Katelyn Nichole Davis Lost Her Battle Part 2

I have received a phenomenal amount of views on my first post about how Katelyn Nicole Davis lost her battle to mental illness. I'm currently #4 on Google search for her name. I've read some more things about her life, and I wanted to write about them today.

 Here's the video I watched for this post. It is hard to glean the entirety of her family situation based on a Youtube video, but some disturbing things come to light about Katelyn Nicole Davis' family life.

It seems there are a lot more facts coming out that are really, really hard to fathom. Some of the things I am reading on the Facebook page Justice for Katelyn Nicole Davis. I can't confirm any of the allegations against her mom and stepdad and her boyfriend, but it seems that she had a horrid family life. She accused her stepfather of molesting her on one of her blogs. Watching some of her videos (where she secretly recorded fights with her mother), it's clear that she had very little support from her mom. Fights between adolescents and their parents are common, but hearing Katelyn's mom scream things like, "Katie, shut your goddamn mouth!" and "I can't wait until you're 18 and move out!" makes it pretty clear that their relationship was volatile. In the same video, she accuses her mom of prostituting herself out for pain medication. I don't know if those things are true or not. Furthermore, in the same video, Katelyn tells her mom that her boyfriend told her he had murdered someone, and Katelyn's mother responds, "It ain't my problem, don't take it out on me." Another chilling fact in that video is when Katelyn tells her mother that she was violated by her stepdad, and her mom says "I know, but is he here?" as if that makes it ok. Katelyn's mother also responds to her two smaller children as "my children," excluding Katelyn, as if Katelyn is not her child.

What can I say to that? Nothing. There is nothing that I can say to that except Katelyn was a very troubled child who lived in a ramshackle home with a ramshackle family. Many of these videos were recorded close to Katelyn's suicide, and I have no doubt that the video I linked to above had something to do with it. I can't imagine being 12 and having my mom scream profanities at me.

Another thing I can't quite understand is that no one watching the livestream contacted the authorities, except for one lone police officer in California who just happened to come across it and phone the department where Katelyn lived in Georgia. It seems Katelyn Nicole Davis had no advocates, which is stunning to me. I wonder how many other Katelyns are out there, struggling with a mental illness and a disturbing family with no hope and no recourse.

RIP Katelyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment